It can be difficult to connect with new people and start meaningful conversations right a way.
However, it does not necessarily mean you should fall into meaningless small talk that might end up creating a bad first impression.
In this article, I have covered some good questions to get to know someone you’ve just met or you are not well acquainted to.
It might be a guy you have a crush on, a lady you are still nervous in her presence, a co-worker or a random stranger in your field trip.
They are well-curated in that you get to break the ice and develop a connection fast.
Good Questions to Get to Know Someone
1. Who is [Insert Name]?
2. What is your personality type?
4. Are you a day or night person?
5. What is your dream car?
6. What is your dream career?
7. Where do you live?
8. Where would you like to live?
9. Which movie best summarizes your life?
10. What song summarizes your current mood?
11. What pets have you taken care of so far?
12. What pet do you have right now?
13. How do you spend your time on a free lazy weekend?
14. What is your typical day like?
15. What is your philosophy in life?
16. What is your mantra in life?
17. What makes you different from everyone else?
18. Are you religious or a believer in science?
19. When last did you go home?
20. What is home to you?
21. What is a relationship breaker for you?
22. At what stage did you have the most fun: high school or college?
23. What is your take on beauty vs. looks?
24. Are you a cat or dog person?
25. What is your major in college?
26. What is your favorite sport?
27. What is your favorite drink?
28. Which sport do you play?
29. How old are you?
30. What your best movie of all time?
31. What song do you find soothing?
32. What song do you sing when heartbroken?
33. What music genre are you do you like the most?
34. What is your favorite food?
35. What is your favorite drink?
36. Are you a coffee or tea person?
37. What are your goals in life?
38. What are your dreams in life?
39. What is beauty to you?
40. Describe your ideal life
41. What is your take on the current political scene?
42. What would you never get enough of?
43. What is your zodiac sign?
44. What is your favorite band?
45. Do you work out?
46. How do you treat yourself?
47. What is your favorite subject in school?
48. Can you speak another language apart from English?
49. Which place are you dying to go?
50. Which is your favorite sports team?
51. Who is your favorite sports personality?
52. Who is your favorite musician?
53. Who are you close to between your parents?
54. Who is the closest person to you?
55. Whom do you trust the most?
56. Who will you go to for help in case of an embarrassing incident like an STI?
57. What are you terrible at?
58. What are you best at?
59. What are you unbeatable in?
60. Do you play PC games?
61. What is your most favorite PC games?
62. What website do you visit most often?
63. What skills do you feel you are great at?
64. How would you like your room to look like?
65. What living space would you like to live in, vintage or modern?
66. What do you wish you had known before?
67. What is your first car?
68. What is your take on Yoga?
69. What is your tale on motivational books?
70. What views do you hold on intermittent fasting?
71. Who is your best motivational speaker/ mentor?
72. Which book would you advise everyone to read?
73. Which place do you feel everyone should visit?
74. When last did you volunteer for a charitable action?
75. When last did you help a person in need?
76. What is your view on the homeless people in the street?
77. Do you believe in God?
78. Do you believe in life after death?
79. What do you think happens soon after we die?
80. What will you do with an extra $1,000 if given right now?
81. How do you think your life has changed over the last year?
82. Do you stay friends with your exes?
83. What do you when extremely angry?
84. What do you do when heartbroken?
85. Are you confrontational?
86. Do you sometimes judge a book by its cover?
87. Do you write journals?
88. What do people say about you?
89. What do people get wrong about you?
90. In what ways do you feel misunderstood?
91. Have you ever truly loved someone?
92. What meals are you best at preparing?
93. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
94. What did you learn from your last relationship?
95. What have you learned about love so far?
96. What lessons have you learned about relationships?
97. What advice would you give a younger you?
98. What is in your bucket list this year?
99. If granted three wishes, what would they be?
100. What is your biggest regret in life?
101. What are your secrets in life?
102. In what ways do you find pleasure?
103. Would you rather love or be loved?
104. What is the best phase of your life?
105. What is the best age in your life?
106. What is the worst phase of your life?
107. What is your take on same-sex relationships?
108. What is your take on climate change?
109. What are your views on a religion different from yours?
110. Do you believe racism is real?
111. Are you passively aggressive?
112. What was your first job?
113. Would you move to a new city or country for the sake of love?
114. What have you ever sacrificed for the sake of love?
115. Who is your very first love? Where are they right now?
116. Have you ever done hard drugs?
117. Have you ever slept with someone and felt it was a mistake?
118. Have you ever woken up in someone’s bed and wondered how you got there?
119. How long is your longest relationship?
120. How short is your shortest relationship?
121. Are you into podcasts?
122. What is your favorite holiday destination?
123. What is your most favorite bible verse?
124. Do you prefer to go to the movie cinema or watch it at home?
125. What do you prefer to never miss? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
126. What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?
127. Do you think you are a good person?
128. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
129. What will you be remembered for if you die today?
130.What phone app do you use the most?
131. What is your preferred method of communication: text or calls?
132. What brands are you most loyal to?
133. What will you not live without right now?
134. What is your favorite movie genre?
135. What city would you love to live in?
136. When is the last time you climbed a tree?
137. At what age would you prefer to start a family?
138. What fictional place would you like to visit?
139. What is the most precious item you own?
140. How do you have fun after a tough day?
141. What is your favorite TV channel?
142. Do you have a side hustle?
143. How many income streams do you have right now?
144. How likely would you accept to have a one-way journey to mars?
145. What do you like but cannot afford at the moment?
146. What incident in your life do you consider as pure luck?
147. What can’t you wait in the few coming months?
148. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
149. What questions would you like to find the answer to?
150. Have you ever felt embarrassed about your life?
151. Who do you visit most often when free?
152. Who is your best friend?
153. What is the most annoying question people often ask you?
154. What do people come to you to seek help with?
155. If all jobs had the same pay, where will you be working now?
156. What is a good life?
157. What do most people take for granted?
158. What are your most favorite good questions to get to know someone?
159. How would you rate these good questions to get to know someone?
160. Would you recommend these good questions to get to know someone?
There you have your list of good questions to get to know someone.
More Questions for You:
Good Questions to Get to Know Someone