It is difficult to connect with new people and start meaningful conversations right a way.
However, it does not mean you should fall into meaningless small talk that might end up creating a bad first impression.
In this article, I have covered some 200 questions to get to know someone you’ve just met or you are not well acquainted to.
It might be a guy you have a crush on, a lady you are still nervous in her presence, a co-worker or a random stranger in your field trip.
They are well-curated in that you get to break the ice and develop a connection fast.
Questions About Dating
— Questions to get to know him or her
1. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
2. How often do you respond to a social media DM?
3. How good is social media as an alternative platform for dating?
4. How much influence do you have online?
5. Where can you find a good wife with ease?
6. Where are you most likely to find a bad boy?
7. What do you remember about your very first kiss?
8. Do you still develop goosebumps on a date?
9. Are you easy to love?
10. What are your worst quirks during the first date?
11. Does breakfast in bed count as a romantic gesture?
12. What comes to your mind when someone asks for your phone number?
13. Have you ever found yourself simping at one point in life?
14. Bearded or beardless?
15. What is the worst that has ever happened to you after making out?
16. Which type of people make the best husbands/wives?
17. What is the loneliest place to find love?
18. Is love really unconditional these days?
19. At what point does friendship turn into a relationship?
20. How do you know if he/she is the one you were waiting for?
21. Where does the love go after a breakup?
22. How do you know when it’s time to let go?
23. What is the real example of beauty and the beast?
24. What comes to your mind when I mention Paris?
25. What comes to your mind when I mention flowers, chocolates, and wine?
26. Do you want children of your own in the future?
27. Which love song do you sing from the heart?
28. What is the problem with relationships nowadays?
29. Cool guys or bad boys?
30. A young man or the big boys?
31. How would you describe your dating life?
32. How would you characterize the dating scene in this country?
33. Are you in a relationship?
34. Do you keep tabs with your former boyfriends/girlfriends?
35. Would you date your best friend?
36. Can men and women be friends for the sake of friendship alone?
37. Can there be a thriving relationship without bedroom moments?
38. Who holds the power in a relationship?
39. In what ways has dating changed these days?
40. How do you know he/she is a player?
41. How do some people go wrong about finding love?
42. What is your rule of thumb when it comes to dating?
43. Where would you be right if this date didn’t happen?
44. How many dates have you had this month?
45. What do you enjoy the most about dates?
46. Have you ever dated for reasons other than to find the right partner?
47. Do you mind a kiss after the second date?
48. How many dates does it take for your to start visiting each other’s house?
49. What do you do when you have a crush on someone?
50. Is there something like love at first sight?
51. How do you know when it is time to move on?
52. What is the best revenge for an ex-lover?
53. Where do you see your family life in 5 years?
54. What is your prayer for the man/woman of your life?
55. What is the foundation of a healthy and happy relationship?
Questions to Get to Know Someone
1. Who is [Insert Name]?
2. What is your personality type?
3. Are you introverted or extroverted?
4. Are you a day or night person?
5. What is your dream car?
6. What is your dream career?
Next: 100 Perfect First Date Questions
7. Where do you live?
8. Where would you like to live?
9. Which movie best summarizes your life?
10. What song summarizes your current mood?
11. What pets have you taken care of so far?
Next: 120 Best Most Likely To Questions
12. What pet do you have right now?
13. How do you spend your time on a free lazy weekend?
14. What is your typical day like?
15. What is your philosophy in life?
Next: 100 Simple Questions for Couples to Ask Each Other
16. What is your mantra in life?
17. What makes you different from everyone else?
18. Are you religious or a believer in science?
19. When last did you go home?
20. What is home to you?
Next: 100 Questions to Ask Your Crush
21. What is a relationship breaker for you?
22. At what stage did you have the most fun: high school or college?
23. What is your take on beauty vs. looks?
24. Are you a cat or dog person?
Next: Questions to Ask a Girl Over Text / In Person
25. What is your major in college?
26. What is your favorite sport?
27. What is your favorite drink?
28. Which sport do you play?
29. How old are you?
30. What is your best movie of all time?
Next: 100+ Questions to Ask a Guy Over Text / In Person
31. What song do you find soothing?
32. What song do you sing when heartbroken?
33. What music genre are you do you like the most?
34. What is your favorite food?
35. What is your favorite drink?
36. Are you a coffee or tea person?
Next: 100 Cool Questions to Ask Kids and Get Them Talking
37. What are your goals in life?
38. What are your dreams in life?
39. What is beauty to you?
40. Describe your ideal life
41. What is your take on the current political scene?
42. What would you never get enough of?
43. What is your zodiac sign?
44. What is your favorite band?
45. Do you work out?
46. How do you treat yourself?
47. What is your favorite subject in school?
48. Can you speak another language apart from English?
49. Which place are you dying to go to?
50. Which is your favorite sports team?
51. Who is your favorite sports personality?
52. Who is your favorite musician?
53. Who are you close to among your parents?
54. Who is the closest person to you?
55. Whom do you trust the most?
56. Who will you go to for help in case of an embarrassing incident like an STI?
57. What are you terrible at?
58. What are you best at?
59. What are you unbeatable in?
60. Do you play PC games?
61. What are your favorite PC games?
62. What website do you visit most often?
63. What skills do you feel you are great at?
64. How would you like your room to look like?
65. What living space would you like to live in, vintage or modern?
66. What do you wish you had known before?
67. What is your first car?
68. What is your take on Yoga?
69. What is your tale on motivational books?
70. What views do you hold on intermittent fasting?
71. Who is your best motivational speaker/ mentor?
72. Which book would you advise everyone to read?
73. Which place do you feel everyone should visit?
74. When last did you volunteer for a charitable action?
75. When last did you help a person in need?
Rapid Fire Questions
Personal questions to get to know someone
1. What is your view on the homeless people on the street?
2. Do you believe in God?
3. Do you believe in life after death?
4. What do you think happens soon after we die?
5. What will you do with an extra $1,000 right now?
6. How do you think your life has changed over the last year?
7. Do you stay friends with your exes?
8. What do you do when extremely angry?
9. What do you do when heartbroken?
10. Are you confrontational?
11. Do you sometimes judge a book by its cover?
12. Do you write journals?
13. What do people say about you?
14. What do people get wrong about you?
15. In what ways do you feel misunderstood?
16. Have you ever truly loved someone?
17. What meals are you best at preparing?
18. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
19. What did you learn from your last relationship?
20. What have you learned about love so far?
21. What lessons have you learned about relationships?
22. What advice would you give a younger you?
23. What is on your bucket list this year?
24. If granted three wishes, what would they be?
25. What is your biggest regret in life?
26. What are your secrets in life?
27. In what ways do you find pleasure?
28. Would you rather love or be loved?
29. What is the best phase of your life?
30. What is the best age in your life?
Interesting questions to get to know someone
31. What is the worst phase of your life?
32. What is your take on same-sex relationships?
33. What is your take on climate change?
34. What are your views on a religion different from yours?
35. Do you believe racism is real?
36. Are you passively aggressive?
37. What was your first job?
38. Would you move to a new city or country for the sake of love?
39. What have you ever sacrificed for the sake of love?
40. Who is your very first love? Where are they right now?
41. Have you ever done hard drugs?
42. Have you ever slept with someone and felt it was a mistake?
43. Have you ever woken up in someone’s bed and wondered how you got there?
44. How long is your longest relationship?
45. How short is your shortest relationship?
46. Are you into podcasts?
47. What is your favorite holiday destination?
48. What is your favorite bible verse?
49. Do you prefer to go to the movie cinema or watch it at home?
50. What do you prefer to never miss? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
51. What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?
52. Do you think you are a good person?
53. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
54. What will you be remembered for if you die today?
55. What phone app do you use the most?
56. What is your preferred method of communication: text or calls?
57. What brands are you most loyal to?
58. What will you not live without right now?
59. What is your favorite movie genre?
60. What city would you like to live in?
— What questions to ask to get to know someone?
1. When is the last time you climbed a tree?
2. At what age would you prefer to start a family?
3. What fictional place would you like to visit?
4. What is the most precious item you own?
5. How do you have fun after a tough day?
6. What is your favorite TV channel?
7. Do you have a side hustle?
8. How many income streams do you have right now?
9. How likely would you accept having a one-way journey to Mars?
10. What do you like but cannot afford at the moment?
11. What incident in your life do you consider pure luck?
12. What can’t you wait in the coming months?
13. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
14. What questions would you like to find the answer to?
15. Have you ever felt embarrassed about your life?
16. Who do you visit most often when free?
17. Who is your best friend?
18. What is the most annoying question people often ask you?
19. What do people come to you to seek help with?
20. If all jobs had the same pay, where will you be working now?
21. What is a good life?
22. What do most people take for granted?
23. How do you start your morning?
24. What do you value the most in life?
25. Which people make good friends?
26. How do you know he is a false friend?
27. Tell me a secret about yourself?
28. Which high school did you attend?
29. How close are you to your childhood friends?
30. How do you find inspiration?
31. Does religion give meaning to your life?
32. What is the last thing you do at night before sleep?
33. How good are you at playing board games?
34. How good are you at solving complex puzzles?
35. How often do you say “no” in life?
36. How often do you say, “thank you”?
37. What is your firmament phrase when the going gets tough?
38. Do most of your dreams get lost as soon as you wake up?
39. Have you ever dreamt of something that came to pass?
40. What do you regret not doing in life?
41. What causes are you most passionate about?
42. What is the concept you wish to bring to life?
43. How often do you take your coffee?
44. How do you settle on the priorities for your life?
45. Would you rather cook or order food?
46. Who knows you better than anyone else in this world?
47. What was your very first job all about?
48. Which job will you never do in life?
49. How old were you when you landed your first job?
50. Do you believe in a 10-year plan?
51. How often do you buy clothes for yourself?
52. Do you prefer official or casual?
53. What job are you terrible at?
54. Which website/social media platform do you visit often?
55. Are you usually early or late?
There you have your list of good questions to get to know someone.
Similar Questions You’ll Love:
120+ Deep Best Friends Tag Questions for Your BFF
100+ Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend While Flirting
100 Best Questions to Ask Your Partner Tonight
160+ Newlywed Game Questions for a Bachelorette Party
Questions to ask to get to know someone better.