Have you ever been in a situation where your child asks a simple question only to bombard you with myriads of questions based on the answers we give?
Kids are naturally curious and for every answer we give, it creates a number of other questions, some of which can be challenging and difficult to answer.
But, what about turning the tables? Instead of them asking the questions, you are the one doing the asking?
This will allow you to gauge your child’s understanding of the world and things that matter for their growth and development. It also will give you room to move their curiosity to the next level by asking intelligent weighted questions.
This article features a number of funny questions to ask kids at get to know their understanding of the world which you can use. They have been curated in that they are easy for their developing brain and their answers precise.
Questions to Ask Kids About School
1. What is your favorite thing you did at school today?
2. Which class did you enjoy the most?
3. Who did you play with during PE?
4. Did you ask the teacher a question today?
5. What questions did you ask?
6. What did you play during break time?
7. Did you like your lunch?
8. Who made the whole class to laugh today?
9. Did you finish your assignments on time?
10. Do you have some homework?
11. Did you find anything difficult in your assignments?
12. Did your friends like your new xyz?
13. What do you do to anyone trying to bully you? Report them to the teacher.
14. Is anyone upsetting you in school?
15. What did the teacher say?
16. Did you learn a new song/read a new story today?
17. Which questions did you find difficult?
18. How many questions did you answer today in class?
19. What didn’t you understand better in school?
20. Would you like to hear a good school joke? (Pick a knock knock joke for them)
21. Was there a birthday at school today/coming up this week?
22. What did your best friend at school say?
23. Who did you sit with for your lunch?
24. Who did you enjoy talking to at school?
25. What do you do when someone is not kind to you?
26. Which song did you sing in school today?
27. Did you dance?
28. Did you enjoy your math lessons?
29. Which subject did you like the most?
30. Who is your favorite teacher today?
31. Do you have someone you fear at school?
32. Do you have someone you like but haven’t talked to?
33. Would you like to invite one of your best friends for dinner someday?
34. Is there a subject you scored 100%?
35. What do you need to make your schooling experience better?
36. Did you have fun in the school bus?
37. Do you like your school bus rides?
38. Did you help someone in school today?
39. What is the name of the new teacher?
40. Do you prefer doing your homework at school or at home?
41. Did you go to the library?
42. Which rule do you find it hard to follow in school?
43. Did you taste anyone’s lunch?
44. Did you swap your meals with anyone today?
45. Which friend would you like to buy a gift?
46. Do you have a teacher you’d like to buy a gift?
47. What gift would you like to buy for your teacher?
48. Which teacher should we invite for dinner someday?
49. Whose birthday is coming up next?
50. Do you know the name of the new student in your class?
51. Have you talked to the new student in your class?
52. Who dances better in your class?
53. Did you notice someone being mean to another? What did you say to them?
54. What do you say when you wrong someone?
55. Who is the funniest pupil in your class?
Funny Questions to Ask a Kid
1. What does mommy always say to you?
2. What does daddy always say to you?
3. How old are you?
4. Who is older between you and [sister or brother]?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What is your favorite color?
Next: 120+ Best Most Likely To Questions
7. Who just farted?
8. Do you pick your nose and eat it when no one is looking?
9. Would you eat your poop if I paid you to?
10. Would you rather eat vegetables or porridge?
11. Would you rather eat ice cream or a cake?
12. If it were up to you, what would you eat for lunch?
Next: 250+ Funniest Simon Says Ideas
13. What should I never tell you to do?
14. What should I never ask you?
15. What are your favorite fairies?
16. What is your favorite story?
Next: 100 Never Have I Ever Questions for Kids
17. Can you sing your favorite song?
18. Whom would you choose between your class teacher and mom?
19. Whose mother do you wish was yours?
20. Whose father do you wish was yours?
21. What is your favorite TV program?
Next: 160+ Silly Dares for Kids
22. Which superhero do you wish to be like?
23. What is in the back of your head?
24. Can you lick the tip of your nose for me for $10?
25. Can you lick your elbow for me for $10?
Next: 250+ Would You Rather Questions for Kids
26. How many aliens are there in your class?
27. What would you like to be when you grow up?
28. Who is your crush right now?
29. What is your most common lie to mom?
30. How many times have you lied today?
Next: 100+ Truth or Dare Questions for Kids
31. If I asked you to stop going to school today and just stay with me at home, would you?
32. Who is your enemy and why?
33. If you had money, what will you buy for yourself?
34. If you are to buy me a gift, what will it be?
35. Who is older between mom and dad?
36. What is mom’s name?
37. What is dad’s full name?
38. What do you hate to be told?
39. What can’t you wait to get from dad or mom?
40. Would you live with your dad or your mom?
41. Should we sell [name of sister or brother]?
42. Can you beat me in a dancing competition?
43. What do you think you can beat me in?
44. Who would you like to be like when you grow up?
45. If you are to be an adult and me a baby, would you take me as your baby?
46. If I were to become a baby and you as my parent for a day, what is the first thing you will do to me?
47. What meal should we never cook in this house ever again?
48. Which house rules would you change right now?
49. What is on your birthday list this year?
50. What is your talent?
51. What are your hidden talents no one knows?
52. Which nickname don’t you like to be called?
53. Which nickname would you prefer to be called?
54. Who is your best friend?
55. How old are grandma and grandpa?
56. Do you want another brother or sister?
57. How do you do?
58. Would you like to become an adult or remain just the way you are?
59. What is your favorite nursery rhyme?
60. How does Santa laugh?
61. What is your least favorite house chore?
62. What would you choose between your school homework and house chores?
63. Who is your favorite musician?
64. At what moments do you feel special?
65. What are your hobbies?
66. What will you do with $1 million if given right now?
67. Who is your favorite teacher?
68. What should happen to mean people?
69. What should happen to bad people?
70. Would you rather be a fairy or a superhero?
71. If you are to become invisible for a day, what would you do?
72. What is the worst name you have heard someone call their pet?
73. What is the cutest pet you have ever seen someone with?
74. What is the dumbest thing you can ever think of right now?
75. Can you describe a color without saying its name?
Questions to Ask Your Toddler
1. Would you rather be a writer or an inventor?
2. Would you rather be a movie actor or a music superstar?
3. What does the [insert name here] say?
4. What is the meanest thing someone has ever said or done to you?
5. Would you rather be an astronaut or a magician?
6. Would you rather be a boy or a girl?
7. At what age does one become an adult?
8. What do adults do that children don’t?
9. If you are to be famous, what would you prefer to be famous for?
10. Which word do you think describes you the best?
11. What can you teach me right now that I don’t know?
12. Can you say these words after me? [come up with word difficult to pronounce]
13. How do you spell spelling?
14. What makes our family special?
15. Would you rather be as small as an ant or as big as an elephant?
16. Who would you never wish to be like? Why?
17. What scares you the most?
18. How afraid are you of the dark?
19. Who or what are you afraid of?
20. Which shirt is your favorite?
21. Would you rather have a uniform or normal clothing to school?
22. How much do you like these funny questions to ask kids?
23. How likely are you to play these funny questions to ask kids?
24. Will you ask your friend to play funny questions to ask kids with their parents?
25. What is your favorite fairy?
26. Why do we eat and not drink porridge?
27. Why is a poop different in color from the food we eat?
28. Why does the rain fall down and not stars?
29. How do you know when you have eaten enough?
30. Where will you fly to if you had wings for a day?
31. What happens when we reach the end of the world?
32. Have you ever dreamed about falling into an endless pit?
33. Where does the winter cold come from?
34. Where does summer go when winter comes?
35. What do you do to make your teeth grow faster?
36. What happens to well-behaved children during Christmas?
37. What do you love the most about Halloween?
38. Which words are you not allowed to say?
39. What happens to children who don’t finish their food?
40. Who is taller between you and your best friend?
41. Who will you invite for the bouncing castle this weekend?
42. Why do tears come when you cry?
43. Do toys talk to themselves when no one is watching?
44. What does the food think about us when we eat it?
45. Which animals do you wish they talked?
46. In which direction is heaven?
47. What happens to bad people when they die?
48. What will you buy when you grow up?
49. Would you like to work like dad/mom when you grow up?
50. Do children grow during the day or at night in their sleep?
51. Have you ever caught yourself growing?
52. What did you like the most about your last birthday party?
53. Which book do you like reading?
54. How do you know when bananas are ripe?
55. What do mangoes smell like?
56. Who is your favorite person in the world?
57. Have you ever seen a shooting star?
58. What is your favorite pet?
59. What name will you give to your pet?
60. Why don’t snakes have legs?
There you have your list of funny questions to ask kids. Happy asking!
Similar Questions You’ll Love:
100+ Funny Questions to Ask – Fun & Friendly
30 Trick Questions that Will Keep You Guessing
100 Best This or That Questions to Ask
Funny questions to ask your kids.