First dates can be awkward moments in as much as they are exciting.
They are the best moments to create an amazing first impression and get to know if at all you have anything in common.
Appearing clumsy and sweaty moments like these is common, but that is a deal breaker.
While seated across the table gazing at each other, it is a good idea to ask these first date questions as you explore topics you both might be interested in. It is in the topics that your future conversations will center in.
First Date Questions You Need to Ask
Here are the first date questions you need to ask your crush. They will help you know what they truly are interested in and as a result, if you have anything in common.
The first date questions in this list are unique and simplified enough for you to ask right away without modification. Have fun!
1. Who is John Doe?
2. What are you dying to ask me but still feel nervous?
3. Are you single and searching?
4. How old do you think I am?
5. How comes a handsome (or beautiful) person like you is still single?
6. Have you had a serious relationship before?
7. Why didn’t your last relationship work?
8. What lessons did you take in your previous relationships?
9. What is your love language?
10. What are your expectations for a new partner?
11. Where do you see yourself in the next three years?
12. What personal projects are you currently working on?
13. How do you make a living?
14. How do you prefer to communicate?
15. Are you introverted or extroverted?
16. What is your perfect balance between indoor dates vs. outdoor dates?
17. How do you spend your free time?
18. How do you spend your weekends?
19. Have you ever raised a pet?
20. What are your thoughts on love at first sight?
21. What are your views on…?
22. What is your take on the current political scene in the country?
23. What are your views on [insert important global topic here e.g. climate change, equality and gender balance]?
24. What is your personality type?
25. What movie genre do you prefer?
26. Who is your all-time favorite musician?
27. What book are you reading right now?
28. In your view who is the best writer of all time?
29. Who is your role model in life?
30. Are you a morning or night person?
31. Are you a tea or coffee person?
32. Who would you vote for in the coming elections?
33. What is the one thing you are dying to try in a new relationship?
34. What is the last charitable action you took?
35. Do you like your job?
36. How often do you visit home?
37. What makes you unique?
38. Give me five random facts about yourself
39. Who are the special people in your life?
40. What ideals will you not depart from in life?
41. What are your values?
42. What three things do you think people in a relationship should never do until marriage?
43. What is your most favorite verse in religious texts?
44. Which movie do you think everyone MUST watch?
45. What accomplishments are you proud of in life so far?
46. What are your dreams and wishes in life?
47. What inspires you to want more in life?
48. Tell me something about your best friends?
49. Tell me about the best vacation you have ever had
50. What is your taste: Spirits, wines, rum, beer…?
51. What is your take on a partner who drinks regularly?
52. Have you ever suffered from a devastating heartbreak?
53. Do you believe in men and women being just close friends with no strings attached?
54. Have you ever been in a bad relationship before?
55. What would you rather die than do in this world?
56. What is your take on science vs. religion?
57. Do you think some lies are good to keep a relationship healthy and alive?
58. Are you a good person?
59. What are your dating rules?
60. Do you have any relationship rules one MUST abide by?
61. How do you feel about me right now?
62. Have you ever tried to search for me online? (Google, Facebook, Instagram??)
63. Does anyone know you have a date right now? Or today?
64. Does anyone know the name of the person you have a date with right now?
65. Do you sometimes suppress your emotions? How does that work for you?
66. Can you lie to me to protect our relationship?
67. How likely are you to forgive cheating?
68. What exactly do you like about me?
69. What is your take on Instagram or TikTok influencers?
70. Do you have an active profile on TikTok?
71. How comfortable are you opening up about how we feel?
72. When will you be celebrating your birthday?
73. At what age are you likely to settle down?
74. What do you do when extremely upset by someone?
75. What goals are you working on right now?
76. What are the top five entries in your bucket list?
77. What are you most passionate about right now?
78. What is your favorite food?
79. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received concerning life?
80. What skill do you think you are unbeatable?
81. When last did you donate to a charitable action?
82. What is your dearest possession right now?
83. What is your take on beauty vs. brains?
84. What do you feel most grateful for in life?
85. What are your blessings in life so far?
86. Do you believe in life after death?
87. Are you religious?
88. What is your take on aliens? Do they exist?
89. What is your favorite cultural dish?
90. What is your favorite foreign food?
91. What is your take on China as a superpower?
92. How comfortable are you marrying a politician?
93. What good movie would you suggest I watch?
94. Have you ever attended a cultural festival in a different country?
95. How many countries have you been to so far?
96. Do you prefer being book smart or street smart?
97. What are your go-to indoor games?
98. How good are you in computer games?
99. How do you rate these first date questions?
100. How likely will you refer these first date questions to your best friend?
There you have good first date questions to ask your crush.
More Questions for You:
Good First Date Questions You Need to Ask