Trick questions are normal questions with a hidden trick that demands some level of wittiness.
Like riddles and brain teasers, trick questions require a combination of logic, good judgment and critical thinking to get them right every time.
If you are looking for the best trick questions to challenge your brain, you are in the right place.
In this article, we have come up with unique and the best questions you can ever find online that are not only easy but also fun to answer.
Let’s dive in.
1. Question: You are competing in a 200 meters race and you happen to run past the person in the second position. What position would you be in?
Answer: Second. You take the position of the person you defeat
2. Question: A young boy kicked the ball 10 meters away but the ball came back to him. How is this possible?
Answer: He kicked it 10 meters up in the air
3. Question: What was the longest river in the world before the Nile was discovered?
Answer: The Nile. It was still the longest river in the world way before we knew it.
4. Question: A young girl drew a line on a piece of paper. She was asked to make it longer without touching it again. How would she do it?
Answer: She would draw a shorter line below the first one making it appear longer
5. Question: What is the name of the sitting UK president?
Answer: the UK has no president. The country is led by a prime minister with the queen as the head of state
6. Question: Which word is spelled incorrectly in the English dictionary?
Next: 100 Deep Questions About Life
7. Question: If you are to fence the front part of your 10 meters yard with poles 1 meter part. How many poles will you need?
Answer: 11 poles. They won’t be 10 poles because they will be spaced 1 meter apart starting from 0 meters and not 1, to the end of the 10 meters.
8. Question: A cowboy came into town on Friday. He stayed for three more days before continuing with his journey on Friday. How is this possible?
Answer: Friday is the name of the horse he rode in and the second Friday is a day
9. Question: What will you find at the end of the earth?
Answer: The letter H
10. Question: A teacher pointing at a student with a pen said, “At the end of this pen is an idiot”. The student replied and the teacher wasn’t happy at all. What did the student say?
Next: 100+ Perfect First Date Questions
Answer: “It depends on which end we are referring to/ True. I see an idiot at the end of that pen
11. Question: How many seconds will you find in one year?
Answer: Twelve. There is a second every month.
12. Question: Which month has 28 days in a leap year?
Answer: All the 12 months.
13. Question: What can you hold with someone without actually touching it?
Answer: A conversation
14. Question: Almost everyone in the world needs it in one way or the other. Most people give it but very few take it. What is it?
15. Question: Imagine you are kidnapped and kept in a pitch dark room without windows. Outside is one guard pacing up and down the front yard making sure no one comes into the compound. How would you plan your escape?
Answer: Just stop imagining
Next: 100+ Good Questions to Ask
16. Question: What is the only five letters word that becomes shorter when you add two more letters to it?
Answer: Short. Short + er becomes shorter
17. Question: Given an odd number seven, what is the easiest way to make it even?
Answer: Remove the letter S and you will remain even.
18. Question: A young girl was asked to lift 10 kilograms of sand in a sack and then 10 kilograms of feathers. Which of the two did the girl lift with ease?
Answer: Neither sand nor feathers. They both weigh the same, 10 kilograms and none is heavier than the other.
19. Question: What is the only four-letter word that becomes longer when you add 2 letters to it?
20. Question: What is the scientific name of a person who doesn’t have all his fingers in one hand?
Answer: Nothing. No one has all their fingers in one hand. Each hand has half of all the 10 fingers
21. Question: According to US laws, where will the survivors of a plane or train crash between the US-Canada border be buried in?
Answer: Since when did we start burying survivors? No one died in this case and therefore there is no need for burials.
22. Question: If 10 men built a house in 30 days, how long will it take five men to build the same house?
Answer: The house is already built. The five men cannot build the same house that is already built.
23. Question: Is it allowed for a man to marry his widow’s eldest sister?
Answer: The man is dead. That is why his wife is a widow. Dead men don’t marry.
24. Question: Two little boys born on the same day, the same time by the same mother are not twins. How come?
Answer: They are part of the set of triplets or quadruplets
25. Question: What gets wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel
Next: 100+ Cool Questions for Kids
26. Question: I fell off a 50 meters ladder but never got hurt at all. How come?
Answer: I fell off the first rung of the 50 meters ladder. Who gets hurt falling just a step up?
27. Question: Phil’s mom had four children: Rebecca, Fitzer, Esperanza… What is the name of her 4th child?
Answer: It is Phil
28. Question: A taxi driver is going the wrong way on a one-way street. The cops on the street don’t seem bothered at all. Why is this the case?
Answer: The taxi driver was walking down the street. He was not driving.
29. Question: How do you make the number “one” disappear?
Answer: Add the letter G in front of it and it is “gone”!
30. Question: What grows and gets bigger and bigger every time you remove from it?
Answer: A hole. When you dig one, the more you remove from it, the bigger it grows.
There you have our complete list of unique trick questions. Have fun!
Similar Questions You’ll Love:
100 Tough Unanswerable Questions
160+ Interesting Questions to Get to Know Someone
60+ Fun and Exciting What If Questions to Ask
120+ Best Most Likely To Questions
100 Best This or That Questions to Ask
100+ Funny Questions to Ask – Fun & Friendly
100+ Random Questions to Ask – Start a Conversation
Trick questions quizzes.