There are many different ways to start a text conversation.
But, there are only a handful of ways to start a meaningful and engaging text conversation with anyone and be sure to receive a prompt heartily reply.
They are called text conversation starters.
Unlike the conventional texting methods, text conversation starters use proven knowledge of psychology, fused with some degree of unpredictability, allowing you to start a conversation on a higher note ad keep it flowing to the end.
In this article, we have come up with the best text conversation starters for you. We have kept them as short as possible; making texting easier and fun.
Text Conversation Starters
1. What are you planing this weekend?
You can follow up with questions like “Can I be part of it?”
2. How do you relieve stress?
3. What is your favorite way to work out?
4. What else can you tell me about your post on …
This can be their recent tweet, Facebook, Instagram, Blog, TikTok video etc
5. What motivates you?
6. What are you up to today?
7. What are you working on these days?
8. How did your interview with [XYZ] go?
9. What is your zodiac sign?
10. What good habits make you?
11. How do you spend your free weekends?
12. What trends were you part of growing up?
13. What scent brings back memories of the good old days?
14. What is your favorite movie genre?
15. Do you have an online fan base I should be a member of?
16. What is the most interesting book you read recently?
17. Can you help me choose between…?
18. What is your greatest fear about love?
19. What are your most memorable vacations?
You can also opt to ask for their dream vacation destination instead.
20. I love […] Would you like to go to my favorite place sometimes?
21. What are your views on the recent…
This can be recent developments in an area you share an interest in or developments in your locality.
You can talk about the recent iPhone or Samsung launch series, politics if you are a fan, or business and technology topics.
22. What is your favorite part of the day?
23. What is your favorite playlist right now?
It can be a movie, podcast, Ted Talk or songs. The responses will vary.
24. What do you miss the most about university/college/high school?
25. Whenever you text, it makes me smile!
26. Have you been to the museum?
It can be a museum or any other exciting place in your area.
You can replace the “museum” above with a theme park, movie theatre, etc
27. Have you tried entrepreneurship or a business?
28. I smile whenever I think of you!
29. What is your favorite cocktail?
You can follow up with “what about we go for it this weekend?” or “what about we try my favorite bloody snake venom cocktail?”
30. Having fun?
31. How are these days taking you?
32. I am a little nervous about… Have you done it before?
33. What career did you want when you were a kid?
34. Ever had a fashion disaster?
35. What are your new year’s resolutions?
An ideal text conversation starter for the first quarter of the year.
36. I saw your photos in Marrakech. I was there 3 years ago. Do you have Moroccan roots?
37. Hi! Let’s get together. When are you free so that we can meet?
There you have our text conversation starters.
Text conversation starters