There are times in life when you are required to interact with people you barely know. It is during these times that fun icebreaker questions are much needed.
Whether you are in your new workplace and you have not made a friend yet; invited to a house party where the only person you know is busy making sure the party is a success; or, you are in an environment where you are all new to each other and don’t know what topics the person next to you might be interested in.
These are the times when fun icebreaker questions are much needed to kick-start a meaningful conversation and a chance for you to get to know each other.
Fun Icebreaker Questions
1. What is the craziest dare you have ever taken?
2. What teenage song do you still like today that no one else does?
3. What is your most embarrassing moment with your friends?
4. Did you have a name for your first car?
5. What did you eat for breakfast?
6. Do you take lunch?
7. Are you a coffee or tea person?
8. What is your favorite pizza topping?
9. Do you play any sports?
10. What sport are you a big fan of?
11. What is your most favorite sports team?
12. Do you speak any other language other than English?
13. Where were you born?
14. What brought you to [name of the city]?
15. How do you find [name of the town or city]?
16. How do you find the climate in this city?
17. What do you do on a free weekend?
18. Do you have any pets at home?
19. Do you have a musical instrument you are good at?
20. What topics are your favorite for a discussion?
21. What are some of the best spots to hang out around here?
22. Do you have any siblings around here?
23. Do you have a family?
24. Do you have your family around here?
25. What did you want to be as a kid growing up?
26. Do you like your current job?
27. Do you have any passive extra income-generating ventures?
28. What are you looking forward to right now?
29. What would you like to achieve before the end of the year?
30. What are some of your recommendations for an optimal life around here?
31. What is your favorite joint to hang out with friends around here?
32. What is your favorite fast-food restaurant around here?
33. Are you artistic?
34. What is your most favorite social media platform?
35. Which platform do you use to get news?
36. Who is your teenage crush movie actor or celebrity?
37. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done on a date?
38. What memories make you laugh every time you think of them?
39. What is the funniest question you have ever asked as a kid that your parents still talk about to this day?
40. If you were to be locked wit one person for an entire year, who would it be?
42. What is your story of the very first time you got intimate?
43. When did you first have a crush on someone?
44. What is the worst job you have ever had?
45. Have you ever mistakenly texted someone you were not supposed to?
46. What are your first job stories?
47. Who was your worst class teacher you have ever had?
48. What are your memories of this place?
49. What was your worst food growing up?
50. How much did you like school growing up?
51. What is the worst grade you have ever gotten back in high school?
52. What is your favorite class in school?
53. What is your most prized possession right now?
54. What have you accomplished so far for this year?
55. At what age did you have your best years?
56. What is your dream holiday destination?
57. Who is your favorite teacher growing up?
58. What is your favorite song right now?
59. Who is your favorite musician right now?
60. What is your all-time best movie?
61. What skills do you feel you are the best in?
62. What is your favorite local fun destination?
63. Are you an indoors or outdoors person?
64. What is your best indoor activity?
65. What is your best outdoor activity?
66. Safari, sandy beach, or jungle vacation?
67. What is your favorite seat on the plane?
68. Which country have you been to recently?
69. Which foreign culture do you find exciting?
70. Which foreign culture do you find disgusting?
71. Which foreign accent do you feel like adopting?
72. In your view, what is your most beautiful place on earth?
73. What is your thought on the current political scene?
74. What is your view on climate change?
75. What is your view on the current geopolitical climate?
76. Are you a cat or dog person?
77. What is the simple meal you can’t cook?
78. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
79. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
80. What is the one habit you wish you could stop?
81. Have you ever experienced natural disasters like hurricanes or wildfires?
82. What do you prefer between working in the office vs. at home?
83. If you are to move to a new country, which one will it be?
84. If you are to move to a new city, which one will it be?
85. Who pisses you off every time you hear them speak?
86. What are you a big fan of between movies, music, sports, politics …etc.?
87. What is your dream car?
88. How much do you like adrenaline sports?
89. What is the best hotel you have ever stayed in?
90. What is your favorite foreign dish?
91. What is your favorite foreign culture?
92. What is your take between Chinese, Japanese and Indian dishes?
93. What nicknames have you had growing up?
94. Do you know where your biggest bully growing up is at the moment?
95. What is the best knock-knock joke you have ever heard of?
96. What are some of your phobia?
97. What is the best advice you wish everyone should get?
98. What are your best fun icebreaker questions?
99. How likely are you to suggest these fun icebreaker questions to a few of your friends?
100. How would you rate these fun icebreaker questions?
Fun Icebreaker Questions